HSSE Officer Support HES International
HES International - Rotterdam
Looking for work in a dynamic environment? A promising career? Come join our HSSE team. HES International is one of Europe's largest independent bulk handling companies. We provide dry and liquid bulk product services at 18 sites across eight countries. Services such as transhipment, storage, blending and processing. More than 1350 enthusiastic HES employees work at our terminals and head office.
Your job in short:
- You monitor the HSSE performance of the sites, collect and evaluate HSSE KPI’s, provide feedback to the site and report to group management.
- You advise, review and implement measures in cooperation with terminal management to improve the performance and transparency of HSSE activities.
- You advise and assist in using management systems to monitor performance.
- You support our organization in keeping track of internal and (inter)national standards, rules, laws and regulations concerning HSSE.
You are responsible for:
- Assisting HSSE senior management in collecting, evaluating and reporting KPI’s to monitor HSSE-performance.
- Monitoring HSSE-performance of the terminals, reporting on a monthly basis for the group management and provide feedback to terminal management.
- Proposing ways to improve performance in cooperation with terminal management.
- Monitoring and evaluating the follow up of accidents and calamities.
- Evaluating and proposing a management system to document and monitor Health, Safety and Environmental related issues and Supporting site management in maintaining these systems.
- Initiating, planning and evaluating HSSE audits together with internal or external experts. Managing the follow up together with the terminal’s management.
- Identifying HSSE-related issues that need further attention on a group level and proposing a solution.
- Organizing and participating in corporate meetings with HSSE site managers.
This is what you bring to the table:
- Able to quickly identify HSSE related bottle-necks and able to provide a solution.
- Broad knowledge of (inter)national HSSE rules and regulations and know how to apply them.
- Knowledge of decision-making processes such as reporting, auditing and incident management.
- Experience in managing external parties in the field of environment and labour safety.
- Proactive, solution oriented approach and a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Team player, can easily communicate on various levels within and outside the organization.
- Flexible, analytic and able to adapt to changing demands in a growing company.
- Bachelor’s or a relevant degree with additional professional qualifications in HSSE.
- High level expertise and skills when it comes to IT systems including advanced knowledge of MS Office. Proven experience with HSSE Management Systems is preferred.
- At least five years’ working experience in Health, Safety and Environment Services in the industrial sector.
- Good knowledge of English (both spoken and written), German and French (preferred).
This is what we have to offer
- A competitive all-in salary package including travel expenses.
- A fixed contract for one year with the prospect of a contract for an indefinite period.
- Centrally located and easily accessible office right across from Rotterdam Central Station.
- A workplace where communication lines are short and personal.
- An environment where safety plays an important role in the organization.
- Personal and professional growth. Performance and results are rewarded.
- Dynamic international workplace. Visits to our sites in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Vlissingen) as well as in Europe.
- You will report directly to the Corporate Manager HSSE of HES International.
Does this profile match yours?
Is this the job you’re looking for? Would you like to apply? Then send us your application (motivation letter and CV) using the application button.
Need to know more? Please feel free to call HES International (+ 31 (0) 10 7900 706) and ask for Ruud van Os or Antje Koster.
An integrity/background check is part of the application procedure.
Employment agencies should not respond.