HES Botlek Tank Terminal (HBTT) B.V. is strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam. The terminal’s state-of-the-art infrastructure has ample deep-water berths and facilities which allow storage and transshipment of a wide range of liquid bulk products. The 420-metre long sea jetty is capable of simultaneously handling two large seagoing vessels and two river barges. The terminal more than doubled its capacity to 490,000 cbm in 2017 and is expanding its berth capacity accordingly. A large part of the capacity is used for storage of clean petroleum products while the remaining part is dedicated to biofuels.
The current capacity of 490,000 cbm will however soon be expanded again as the next project will start on short notice. This expansion consists of 6 tanks for biofuels with a total capacity of 20,000 cbm.
Storage tanks are equipped with fixed rooftanks with internal floating roof. The terminal is one of the most environment-friendly tank terminals in the world and is the first terminal in the Netherlands to be awarded the ISO 28001 certificate.
Logistics & Services
HBTT has a state-of-the-art terminal with ample deep-water berths and facilities for the transshipment and storage for a wide range of liquid bulk products. Safety and environmental protection are a high priority at HBTT. The company's management system is certified for ISPS, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, OSHAS 18000, ISO 28000 as well as Authorized Economic Operator (AEO). HES Botlek Tank Terminal provides customers with the safest, most reliable and efficient handling and storage solutions in the Port of Rotterdam.
Facts & figures
SOLID IN LIQUID BULK LOGISTICS
- Location: Botlek, Port of Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Port no. 4260
- Products: Gasoline (components) diesel, biodiesel and renewable products. On nearby location Bitumen and Bitumen blend components.
- Services: Handling, storage, heating, mixing, blending and dry-ing
- Ship-to-ship discharge of liquids such as petrol, diesel, ethanol, MTBE, and biofuels
- Sea jetty 420-metre length
- Draft: 13.5 m (Future 15.00 m)
- Certifications: ISPS, ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 28000 and AEO certified
- Commercial contact: M.Komduur@hesinternational.eu
- Expansion of 6 tanks with combined capacity of 20,000 cbm for biofules. Operational Q3/Q4 2019
- Second sea jetty of 280-metre length operational in 2020
- Expand the rail (un)loading system, currently used for biodiesel only, with services for a wide range of clean petroleum products.
- Expand capacity for petroleum products with 138,000 cbm for transportation fuels to meet continuing customer requirements.
- Possibility for pipeline connection to neighbouring companies.
Starting in March 2010 the sea jetty falls under the Petroleum regime. At our 420-metre long sea jetty, two sea-going vessels (of up to 100,000-tonnes) can be processed simultaneously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A 300-metre long and 70-metre wide area will fall under the petroleum regime. We offer the jetty for ship to ship discharge for the following products:
- Mineral Products classes 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Liquids belonging to the ADN classes 3, 6.1, 8 and 9
- Edible oils and fats
- Liquids not classified under ADN
The discharge needs to be done using certified hoses suitable for products being discharged. The ship/agent will be responsible for supplying, connecting and disconnecting these hoses.
Train & truck loading
The new facility will further HBTT’s ambition to offer all modes of transport and is a response to growing customer demand for rail transport.
It will be used initially to load and unload block trains with biodiesel to and from Germany, Austria and Italy. Driven by growing customer demand for rail transport, throughput is expected to rise quickly, from approximately two trains a week to one train a day.
The facility can also be modified to handle other oil products in the future such as aviation fuels, gasoline, diesel and edible oils. Regarding the medium term, throughput could increase to two trains a day.
Safety is an ever-ongoing process. Scientific research renders new insights yearly to improve the safety of tank storage companies' business processes. In terms of safety, HES Botlek Tank Terminal endeavors to anticipate future developments in as far as this is possible. The safety management system is in accordance with NTA 8620. HBTT is a voluntary member of the industrial Fire Brigade. It is also Labour Inspection certified. Because HBTT finds safety to utmost importance, together with industry association VOTOB, the Safety Maturity Tool, we continually strive to improve our safety standards. For more information on the Safety Maturity Tool, please see the website of VOTOB.
HBTT is a high-tec company for now and the future. Massive investments over the past years have led to a unique state-of-the-art liquid bulk terminal. We respect and adhere to national and international rules and regulations, especially to those provisions which fall under certification:
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- ISO 28000
By caring for nature, while taking into consideration our employees' and our customers’ requirements, we are proactive when it comes to ensuring sustainability. We are constantly alert to the potential environmental impact our activities may have. Which is exactly the reason why we implement purposeful measures such as:
- Annual emission monitoring system and LDAR (Leak detection and repair)
- Bi-annual emission measurement on the vapour recovery unit
- Periodic storage tank emission monitoring programme
- Periodic personal exposure measurement programme
HES Botlek Tank Terminal
Port no. 4260
Montrealweg 151, 3197 KH Rotterdam
Postbus 645, 3190 AN Hoogvliet
T +31 (0)10 2310333
F +31 (0)10 2310390
Chamber of Commerce Rotterdam 24294790
T +31 (0)10 2310301
T +31 (0)6 29086526 (24 hours)