HES Wilhelmshaven is Germany’s largest independent liquid bulk terminal, located at Germany’s single deepest draft port. The terminal offers 1.3 million cbm capacity for a wide range of liquid bulk products, ranging from crude oil and clean petroleum products to liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). Its flexible and safe infrastructure accommodates extensive seagoing, road and rail traffic. The terminal offers excellent connections to the heart of Europe’s most important refining and chemical processing industries as well as some of Germany’s main consumption areas
The former refinery was acquired in 2011 and transformed into a large-scale tank terminal facility and has privately owned jetties with four seagoing vessel berth positions. Besides these facilities, there is plenty of vacant land available for further expansion.
Facts & figures
BULK PETROLEUM PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIQUEFIED GASES
- Location: Wilhelmshaven, Germany
- Products: HFO, Diesel, Gasoil, Crude oil, Kerosene, Jet Fuel, Gasoline, Ethanol, Biofuels and LPG
- Services: Blending & mixing, additivation, product dying, Jet A1 and heating
- Draft: 17.5 m (20.0 m fully dredged)
- Certifications: ISO 14001
- EMAS III (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) is a voluntary environmental management instrument)
- CDI-T member (LPG terminal)
- Commercial contact: Bart Jan van Veen BJ.email@example.com
- Recommissioning of several individual refinery units to allow tolling agreements for specific customers
- Expand crude oil infrastructure through connecting with Europe’s largest salt cavern network allowing access to a large inland refinery network
- Refurbish and expand additional lpg storage to respond to significant customer demand
- Install LNG regasification capacity and a direct connection to Europe’s gas grid
Safety is an ever-ongoing process. Scientific research renders new insights yearly to improve the safety of tank storage companies' business processes. In terms of safety, HES Wilhelmshaven Tank Terminal endeavors to anticipate future developments in as far as this is possible. Because HES Wilhelmshaven Tank Terminal finds safety to utmost importance, we continually strive to improve our safety standards.
HWTT is a high-tec company for now and the future. Massive investments over the past years have led to a unique state-of-the-art liquid bulk terminal. We respect and adhere to national and international rules and regulations, especially to those provisions which fall under cetification. HWTT is ISO 14001 certified.
By caring for nature, while taking into consideration our employees' and our customers’ requirements, we are proactive when it comes to ensuring sustainability. We have implemented EMAS III (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) at our terminal, which is a voluntary environmental management instrument. We are constantly alert to the potential environmental impact our activities may have.
Rechtsform: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wilhelmshaven
Registergericht: AG Oldenburg, HRB 130475
Geschäftsführer: Harry van Rietschoten, Thomas Jenke